Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and I read every one!



Sunday, August 28, 2011

Funny Birthday Cards and a Challenge Entry

I have had the rare opportunity to spend almost the entire weekend in my crafting studio - Yay! This has resulted in 3 birthday cards, 1 graduate card and a page set for a mini-album I am working on. Normally I would not post so much stuff in one day but I want to put some of these in challenges soooo here are my first two cards.

This is a belated birthday card that I have been wanting to make ever since I saw this sentiment in one of my new CTMH acrylic stamp sets called Card Chatter-Birthday. The sentiment says "I didn't forget your birthday..." "I'm just extending the Celebration!" How cute is that, and imperative to have for a procrastinator like me - haha.



Card Materials:
Stamp: CTMH Card Chatter-Birthday
Paper: DCWV The Whimsy matstack
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

CHALLENGE: Catch the Bug - warm colors and paper piecing.

********************************************************************************

My next card for this post is also one I have been wanting to make since I saw the sentiment. It is very simply stamped & colored and a little cuttlebug embossing, not alot of bells and whistles to take away from the sentiment. (Beware: my coloring is very amateur - sorry!)



Paper: scraps from my stash - Papertrey Ink and DCWV
Stamps: Gina K designs stamp set "Tickle Your Funny Bone"
Colored with Prisma color pencils and gamsol
Cuttlebug embossing was one of the border folders but I am not sure what the name is.

2 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

The first card is a "dear" and the second card is a "hoot". I'm like you in needing to catch up and/or get ahead of all the upcoming birthdays and events that need cards. Some one will enjoy receiving either card. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug this week.

Cheri said...

Cute! This card made me Laugh Out Loud. Thanks for Sharing. :-)

Post a Comment

I {HEART} comments - Thanks so much for taking the time!!