Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and I read every one!



Sunday, August 28, 2011

Beach Page for my Summer Mini - and challenge entries

I have fallen in love with making mini albums and I am working on a summer mini for my DIL. I wanted to make this one with pages that were really a set of pages, and make each one an element of summer time, i.e. beach, water sport, 4th of july, road trip, festival, etc. My idea is to make each 'page' of the album consist of several pages, with mutliple places for journaling and photos. I just finished the beach pages and I really like the way it came together.

I am posting this layout in the challenges:
I Did It Creations - nature
Just Some Lines - anything but a card
Lasting Memories layout challenges - what inspires you
As summer starts to fade, I am inspired by the beautiful white sandy beaches of Lake Michigan where I grew up. I have yet to see such beautiful beaches any place else and this project has made me homesick for sure!

(Below) Here is the front of the page-set with a subtle stamped beach scene on the front of the left panel. The tab on the left will be used for binding the finished album with my Cinch.

(Below) The left panel opens to reveal a nice big journaling spot and some photo mats on the right panel. I love these K & Co. embellishments!

(Below) When you open the right panel, there is another journaling spot. Covering this page are some CTMH clear photo flaps, there is room for 6-4x6 photos here. Fully opening both panels also reveals a beautiful beach scene I made by tearing and piecing K & Co. white core paper. I made the fence by stringing altered popsicle sticks with twine.


I grew up on the white sandy beaches of Lake Michigan and this looks so much like that beach it has made me homesick!

Materials Used:
Paper & Embellies were from the K&Co. Sea Glass collection.
Stamps: Summer Daydream set from CTMH.
Fence: twine, popsicle sticks with ends cut like pickets, painted with white gesso, then distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Journaling lines were made with Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Notebook stamp. (Huge lined stamp - love it!)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distressed Inks in Old Paper and Vintage Photo

9 comments:

Gurkiss said...

Such a nice mini album :)

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.
Hug Gurkiss

Jessica said...

Your mini is so so so so cute! Thanks for you kind words at my blog! Happy Crafting!
:O)
Jessica

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, this is gorgeous and so creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is wonderful!!! Thanks for joining our Anything But a Card challenge at Just Some Lines. :)

Ashley said...

What a wonderful mini album! I LOVE all the shells! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

~Ashley
LM DT

Michele F. said...

This is so creative!! I love that middle page. You tore that paper perfectly to reflect moving waves! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.
Michele
LM DT Member

glassgraffitix2 said...

Marvelous mini! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Brenda said...

This is wonderful. I love the idea behind it.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

jules said...

wow gorgeous project!!! thanks for joining us at IDIC this week!

Post a Comment

I {HEART} comments - Thanks so much for taking the time!!