Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and I read every one!



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

Here are my Mother's Day cards for my mom and mom-n-law. I decided to do them almost exactly the same.

I'm not sure why it doesn't look it, but these cards are quite purple.  I cut the MOTHER on purple coordinations card stock from the Mother's Day 2010 cartridge and then lined it with vellum and folded to make a sleeve. For the insert, I printed a poem on white card stock and then sponged on some Memento chalk inks in purple and turquoise to give it a marble effect and then stamped some flourishes. I don't know if you can see in the picture but the printing and marbling shows through the cuts in the outer sleeve to give it a really interesting design showing through. I added some ribbon and pearly embellishments to the sleeve, and a button and ribbon on the insert to make it easy to pull out. There is a stamped sentiment on the back of the insert and room for my greeting. Got to get these in the mail! Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {HEART} comments - Thanks so much for taking the time!!