Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and I read every one!



Saturday, August 7, 2010

My take on Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch Challenge #34

Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch Challenge #34 uses the sketch below.  This is my take on that sketch. This card is going to my sweet hubby who does indeed make my life a picnic!

Sketch:

My Card:

I used Doodlecharms cart to cut the watermelon, paper from Bazzill, Papertrey Ink and a DCWV stack, green ric-rac from Oriental Trading, Memento & Brilliance ink for stamping, Nesties labels #4, and the faces are from PK Simple Simon face assortment stamps. The ants... I could not find an ant border on my carts, I didn't have an ant stamp, I could not find an ant digi stamp I liked, but I did find a stamp carving kit I had purchased some time ago. So..... can you believe it, I carved an ant stamp! :)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You carved those ants??? How CLEVER!!!!
They do say that necessity is the mother of invention....and you just proved it!! I'm SO impressed Beejay!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

Lorie said...

Okay, Beejay. You've got to explain more about how carving a stamp works! This is just amazing! Your creativity with this challenge is over the top, and I LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

Hugs,
Lorie

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

so funny ... made me laugh...such a cute card....will keep the idea for reference..thank you!

Raven B said...

HEHEHE! This is funny cute! I love it.
Hugs,
Raven

*Star said...

Your card is fabulous! I laughed when I saw it. great job with the ants, I can't believe you carved your own stamp. way to go! Have a great day :)

Kitty said...

SO cute! I love the PK faces on the watermelon slices. Your handmade ant stamps turned out really well, too!

Dorcas said...

You are so good! I am loving this card! Super cute. I love the ants and the faces…priceless!

~Dorcas

*Star said...

I answered your questions of at my blog. Have a great Sunday! :)

Alli H. said...

This is such a funny card. I really like the expressions on the watermelons. The ant are cool too. Good luck.

My Creative Time said...

O-M-G!! This has to be the CUTEST, CUTEST card EVER!!!! I LOVE your take on the challenge! Thank you for joining us @ Peachy Keen!
Peachy Hugs,
Emma;)

Emily said...

Haha! This card is too adorable for words :) Great job!

Janice W. said...

I would love to know how you carved that or see a picture of the stamp you carved! I am so impressed, not only of your ants but the card is just adorable! So glad you joined in with us at Peachy Keen! Good luck!

Samantha Casey said...

haha how funny! very cute card!! Amazing job! Good luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!
-Samantha

Post a Comment

I {HEART} comments - Thanks so much for taking the time!!