Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and I read every one!



Sunday, November 6, 2011

Turkey Invites

My sister asked me to make invitations for Thanksgiving dinner at her house this year. I thought a fun little turkey would be perfect and here is what I came up with. The cricut cut I used for the body of the turkey is a little unusual but it was exactly the shape I wanted. I used one of the Russian dolls on the Paisley cartridge and hid all the inside cuts with my Gypsy. Any my first instinct was to use a black marker for his eyes but I wanted him to have bright eyes so I used white - a bit unusual maybe but I think it works. I love the way the turkeys came out and the swirly dashes and blowey leaves say FALL to me. All materials are listed below.



Details:
Cricut cut: Turkey body is cut from the Russian doll on pg 66 of the Paisley cartridge. H-1.50" W-1.25" (you have to unlink the height-width to get these dimensions) The tail feathers are from strips of paper 1 3/4" x 1/2" with one corner rounded. (I got this idea from KWerner, her blog is here) I just free hand cut a wedge for the beak and a tear drop shape for the turkey hangy down thing - I have no idea what this is called.

Patterned paper: DCWV Amber Autumn stack
Kraft paper for base
Inks - Memento Dew Drops in Rich Cocoa and Potter's Clay
Marker - Memento Dual tip in Potter's Clay
Stamps - Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #10 for the You're Invited sentiment and Lizzie Anne Celebration Sayings for the happy turkey day sentiment, and the leaf stamps are from Stampin' Up Give Thanks set
Extras - EK Success label punch & border punch, baker's twine (from the hardware store), Sakura white Gelly Roll pen and yellow and orange colored pencils to give the leaves some color.

1 comment:

mom2maddie06 (Misty) said...

I love this (and all your other stuff lol). The turkey and paper are perfect together! :)

Post a Comment

I {HEART} comments - Thanks so much for taking the time!!