Here are the details for CCC challenge #95:
"We're So Thankful" Make a card for Thanksgiving using the card feature from any cartridge(s) you'd like, using any colors you'd like.
For my design team card, I decided to make place cards for Thanksgiving Day dinner using a cut from Just Because Cards. Instructions are below the picture - I hope you like them! And please hop on over to Cardz TV to play along, but be sure to link up your card by November 22nd!
1) CARD BASE: Cut the card on pg 63 of the Just Because Cards cartridge, this one has a slightly scalloped edge. I set the height to 4.25". Emboss your cards, I used my Cuttlebug and the Forest Branches embossing folder. Using the direct to paper method, apply ink over the card to highlight the raised embossing. I used Versa Magic Cloud White.
2) Make another of the same cricut cut using patterned paper (you need 1 patterned paper cut for every 2 cards you are making), then cut this piece in half lengthwise. Trim 3/8" from the straight edge.
3) Cut a strip of coordinating paper 1/2" by 4 1/2". Adhere this strip to the scallop edge patterned paper piece, about 1/4" from the top edge, and add some faux stitching - I used a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen. The strip will be slightly wider than you need so just trim it after you adhere it. Attach this layered piece to the card base matching the top edges.
4) Cut a label for writing the guest's name. I used Memento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp the label from Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frames stamp and cut it out using the coordinating die. I then used Versamark Ink to add a watermark using Papertrey Ink's stamp set All About You. Since it is a watermark, the guest's name can easily be written over the stamped image. Attach the label to the base so that it hangs over the top edge a bit.
5) Add an embellishment. I used a silk flower with a punched flower in the center and attached it with this gem brad, which I am pretty sure came from We R Memory Keepers.
These will make a pretty addition to your Thanksgiving table and are fun and easy to make!