Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and I read every one!



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenge #47 ~ Breast Cancer Awareness Card

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so the challenge this week at CCC is to make a card with that in mind. Mary sure had my brain wracking on this one!! If you, like me, love to be challenged to think outside the box, then be sure to join in on this fun and important challenge by clicking here.

For my DT card, I decided to make cards for my sisters and push the awareness theme. I hope you are inspired to share this important message too. Here is the front of my card.


And this is the inside message I wanted to send to my sisters. :)



Details:
The dress is made from 4 oval scallops, folded and arranged together. I actually used a scallop circle from Cindy Loo and then resized it to an oval shape. I inked my swiss dots cuttlebug folder with pale pink chalk ink from memento and then ran it through, I hope you can see the tiny pink dots. The tag on the front was cut from Fabulous Finds. Papers are from PaperTrey Ink and DCWV. Ribbons from my stash. Memento Inks. Sentiments made on my computer.

10 comments:

mum of two said...

What a fabulous card! I love the sentiment :) I'm sure your sisters will appreciate the reminder and the love. TFS

michelle (CCC DT#2)

Scrapper69 said...

LOVE the Dress and the Sentiment is PERFECT for this occasion! Great way to remind your sister! Wonderful job on this weeks Challenge! :o)
Theresa (DT#2)

Anita said...

This card is just darling! Love the sentiment! Nice job on this challenge!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Nice card. I like the sentiment and the inside note.

Vee (CCC DT2)

created by connie said...

You always make some of my favorite cards. Very pretty and elegant!! And love the friendly reminder!

Connie :) (DT2)

*Star said...

Awesome card! I love the dress and the sentiment!
Tfs and have a great day. :)

Kel said...

That is great on every level. The artwork..the message..the colors.. I luv it!! It is SO important to take care our ladies!

Monica Ward said...

Great card. That dress rocks! Great job on CCC #47!

ScrappyJess said...

I just wanted to pop over and say hi! I love this card! How are things going?

Dorcas said...

THis is a beautiful card! Love all the detail you put in the dress. Great job!

Post a Comment

I {HEART} comments - Thanks so much for taking the time!!